Dear Parents/Guardians of Grade 9 Students,
This notice is to inform you of a non-enrolling course requirement that your son/daughter is responsible for as a grade 9 student at Gleneagle Secondary. As part of the Career Education 9 curriculum, your son/daughter will be involved in several learning opportunities to fulfill this course. Grade 9's taking Career Education 9 do not meet formally as a regular day-to-day school course would. However, students are responsible for participating in all learning opportunities and completing all assignments given to them. Grade 9 students will not receive a formal letter grade for this course, rather a "complete/incomplete" status (students need to complete ALL requirements in order to graduate). The first required learning opportunity is "Take Your Kids to Work Day" on Wednesday, November 2nd (please see the additional newsletter). Future events and assignments are as follows:
1. Take Your Kids to Work Day (Off Campus): Wednesday, November 2nd
(More information on school website & students will be sent home with permission forms/assignment on Oct. 19th)
2. Economies of Staying in School Workshop: Wednesday, January 25th
3. Motivational Speaker Assembly Part 1: Wednesday, February 22nd
4. Inspiration Assembly: Wednesday, April 12th
5. Motivational Speaker Assembly Part 2: Monday, June 26th
6. Grade 10 Course Selection Forms: Due Date T.B.A.
7. Community Connections Assignment: Due Date T.B.A.
Each grade 9 student is assigned to a teacher who they can contact with any questions regarding this non-enrolling course.
Mr. Bingley (A-H)
Mrs. Demonte (I-P)
Mrs. Wilson (Q-Z)
Mr. Bingley, Mrs. Demonte, Mrs. Wilson
Career Education 9 Team