School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) is pleased to welcome all new students to our schools.
The grade configurations for our schools are as follows:
- Elementary (Kindergarten - Grade 5)
- Middle (Grades 6 - 8)
- Secondary (Grades 9 - 12)
Step 1: Determine your child’s catchment area.
To determine the school designated for your catchment area, please access our School Locator tool; simply type in your street name and follow the instructions.
Step 2: Register your child
For Kindergarten Registration
Children who are five years old on or before December 31, 2017 may enter school in September of the year they turn five. Parents/guardians have the option to defer their child’s enrolment for one year.
Kindergarten registration (except for Programs of Choice - Montessori, Mandarin Bilingual, Reggio and French Immersion) within School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) will be held in February in all elementary schools. If you are interested in registering your child in one of our Programs of Choice please see below for more information.
For registration at any grade level
You will need to contact the assigned school for your neighbourhood (i.e. catchment school).
Note: Registrations beyond September may result in your child not getting into their catchment school as classes may be full. Early registration is highly recommended.
When registering your child the following documents are required:
- Proof of citizenship for parent & child (one of): birth certificate; passport; PR Card; Canadian Citizenship Card.
- Proof of B.C. residency for parent (one of): rental contract; property purchase contract; income tax statement; property tax statement; and 2 of the following documents: utility bill; B.C. driver’s licence; B.C. vehicle registration; Canadian bank or credit card statement; B.C. ID.
- Proof of Guardianship: please refer to Funding Eligibility Checklist.
Parents can apply for a school outside of their neighbourhood catchment school by completing a “Cross Catchment Application.” Placement is based on space availability. Review the Cross Catchment Process here.
Programs of Choice
The school district offers a variety of educational programs of choice for students that require registration including the following programs:
Please contact the International Education Department at 604-936-5769 or visit at 1100 Winslow Avenue, Coquitlam. Bring along proof of citizenship for parent and student, proof of residency and proof of guardianship (if applicable). Website: www.internationaled.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org