The Emergency Release Drill is an important way to practice the procedures School District #43 has put in place to ensure students have an effective way to safely connect with family members should a major emergency such as an earthquake arise. The drill aids the district in anticipating what we might do to improve our procedures and your participation is greatly appreciated.
This is a follow up email to remind you of the emergency release drill scheduled for this Wednesday, May 4th at 2:00 p.m.
· Students will evacuate to the field area of the school.
· Students will initially have their attendance taken by their block four teachers and then they will move to an alpha organization.
· Students will find the corresponding letter of their last name.
· Letters will be lined up from “A” to “Z” across the width of the field.
· Parents can collect their child/children by going to their child’s last name letter grouping and checking in with the teacher(s) in charge. Some groupings may have several teacher leaders.
· Once you have checked in with the teacher leader(s) and picked up your child/children, please exit the premises in an expeditious manner to allow for ease of pick up.
· Any student who has not been picked up by 3:10 p.m. will be dismissed.
Once again, thank you for working with us to conduct this important procedure.