Douglas College is accepting applications until March 1st for their Classroom and Community Support Program and there are a limited number of reserved seats for SD43 students.
Admission requirements include:
- English 12 “C” or Communications 12 with a “B”
- Two reference letters. One should come from a high school instructor or counselor and should highlight why a student is eligible for a reserved seat.
- A current resume
- A letter of intent stating reasons for choosing the program, long and short term goals and applicants related strengths and limitations
- Evidence of completion of at least 60 hours of supervised work (paid or volunteer) in a department-related setting. Volunteer/work experience forms will be mailed to students once they have applied to the program.
- A Criminal Record Check. The Office of the Registrar will provide a request for a CRC in the latter part of the admission process
See Ms. Ahooja in the Career Centre for more information.