We are the third largest school district in the Province of British Columbia, and as such we have a diverse population which includes young families, new Canadians, professionals and others who are choosing to locate here for the quality of life that includes a thriving public education system.
Our student achievement levels continue to be exceptional and are among the top in Metro Vancouver and the Province.
SD43 has been, and always will be, built on the fundamentals of student achievement, inclusive practices, community and cultural development, literacy, social-emotional, early, and lifelong learning.
By working together and striving to achieve a clear set of goals and objectives SD43 will continue to advance, be a leader in student achievements and outcomes, and be a contributing organization to the social and cultural well-being and economic prosperity of the regions we serve.
To ensure quality learning opportunities for all students of all ages.
The Board of Education accepts its responsibility to provide a quality and equitable public education for the success of all learners, within the limits and resources available.
Our Core Beliefs and Principles
The Board of Education believes in:
- Public Education and the need to advocate on its behalf;
- Instilling a passion for learning;
- Learners as the most important focus;
- High quality and equitable learning opportunities;
- Innovation, creativity, problem solving, critical thinking and sustainability;
- The essential value of District/Community/Global Partnerships;
- Safe, inclusive and socially responsible learning communities.
Learn more about SD43's Vision, Goals and Objects here.