The Board of Education wishes to extend their appreciation to all members of the SD43 community who are interested in Board meeting proceedings despite the COVID-19 pandemic. It is very unusual for the Board to conduct their formal meetings virtually and we look forward to the time when we can all meet together. Until such time, Board of Education meetings will be conducted virtually through a platform called 'ZOOM'.
Please note the following information regarding our formal meeting proceedings during our virtual meeting:
- You will not be able to interact with members of the Board of Education through this platform – you will be able to see and hear them, however, your camera and microphone will be disabled and the communication will not be two-way.
- If you have a question that you would like answered during one of the question periods (please see the agenda here) submit your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the applicable question period commencing. *NOTE: questions must be regarding an item on the meeting agenda, and you should list your name, affiliation to any partner group organization and your city of residence in your email. The question will be read to the Board by a staff member and answered accordingly. If the question that you asked is not answered during the meeting, a written response will be provided.
Special Public Meeting - Stakeholder Budget Feedback
Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 6:30 p.m.
This will be an opportunity for stakeholders to provide feedback to the Board of Education on the presented budget.
If you or your group would like to make a comments or ask questions regarding the preliminary budget, please refer to the Guidelines for Stakeholder Feedback and provide the necessary information via email to email@example.com. before 9 a.m. on Thursday, April 9, 2020. If you have any questions or need assistance please contact the Office of the Secretary-Treasurer at 604-939-9201. To Access the Virtual Meeting:
- Click on the Zoom meeting link below:
will be posted soon
If you have questions or issues accessing this link, please see the how-to tutorials authored by Zoom here.
- Ensure that, if applicable, your microphone and camera are muted/turned off.
- Enjoy the meeting!
Learn. Engage. Contribute. You Talk. We'll Listen.
The School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) Board of Education budget process for the 2020-2021 year is outlined below and will provide multiple opportunities for stakeholder input. This page will be periodically updated, please check back regularly.
The best approach for you to contribute to the budget process is to first learn about the government funding process, how SD43 allocates funding, and past and present SD43 budgets. Read the information below to become well informed.
Opportunities for engagement will be available in person and on online during the budget process timeline.
- Stakeholder Input Session - see details below
- Stakeholder Engagement Commitment
- Visit the budget webpage often at www.sd43.bc.ca/budget
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Attend the Presentation of the Preliminary Budget - see details below
- Provide Budget Stakeholder Feedback - see details below
- Attend the Final Budget Presentation - see details below
Regular Public Board Meeting - Final Budget Presentation and Board Approval
Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 7 p.m.
The annual budget will be presented to the Board of Education for approval. This final budget would incorporate changes requested by the Board.
Completed Budget Consultation Sessions
Special Public Meeting - Stakeholder Input Session
Tuesday, February 11, 2019, 6:30 p.m.
Winslow Centre Gymnasium, 1100 Winslow Avenue, Coquitlam, BC
Thank you to all the stakeholders who provided their input to the Board of Education on specific aspects of the budget.
Regular Public Meeting - Presentation of 2020-2021 Preliminary Budget
Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 7 p.m.
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
The Preliminary Budget will be presented at this Regular Public Board Meeting with an opportunity to ask questions. Please review the information above regarding the virtual meeting procedures.