Learn. Engage. Contribute. You Talk. We'll Listen.
The School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) Board of Education budget process for the 2021-2022 year is outlined below and will provide multiple opportunities for stakeholder input. This page will be periodically updated, please check back regularly.
The best approach for you to contribute to the budget process is to first learn about the government funding process, how SD43 allocates funding, and past and present SD43 budgets. Read the information below to become well informed.
Opportunities for engagement will be available in person and on online during the budget process timeline.
- Stakeholder Input Session - see details below
- Stakeholder Engagement Commitment
- Visit the budget webpage often at www.sd43.bc.ca/budget
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Attend the Presentation of the Preliminary Budget - see details below
- Provide Budget Stakeholder Feedback - see details below
- Attend the Final Budget Presentation - see details below
New for 2021 – Virtual Meeting Procedure:
The Budget Input session will occur via ZOOM. Please be mindful of the following:
- please ensure that your name on screen is your first and last name, as it appears on your sign-up documentation.
- we advise that there be one speaker for each presentation, for a more seamless presentation.
- you will note that upon accessing the meeting, that you will not be able to control your microphone or camera. At the time of your presentation, SD43 staff will grant you access to control your microphone and camera, to ensure you can make your presentation.
- access to your camera and microphone will be removed following your presentation.
*NOTE: it would be appreciated if your camera is on for the duration of your presentation.
Special Public Meeting - Stakeholder Input Session
This will be an opportunity for stakeholders to provide input to the Board of Education on the budget for the 2021-22 school year.
Regular Public Meeting - Presentation of 2021-2022 Preliminary Budget
If you or your group would like to make a comments or ask questions regarding the preliminary budget, please refer to the 2021-2022 Guidelines for Stakeholder Input and provide the necessary information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9 a.m. on Wednesday, February 3, 2021. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of the Secretary-Treasurer at 604-939-9201.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
The Preliminary Budget will be presented at this Regular Public Board Meeting with an opportunity to ask questions. Please review the information above regarding the virtual meeting procedures.
Special Public Meeting - Stakeholder Budget Feedback
Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 6:30 p.m.
Virtual Meeting via ZOOM - https://sd43-bc-ca.zoom.us/j/65045074797
This will be an opportunity for stakeholders to provide feedback to the Board of Education on the presented budget.
Regular Public Board Meeting - Final Budget Presentation and Board Approval
If you or your group would like to make a comments or ask questions regarding the preliminary budget, please refer to the 2021-2022 Guidelines for Stakeholder Feedback and provide the necessary information via email email@example.com before 9 a.m. on Thursday, April 15, 2021. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of the Secretary-Treasurer at 604-939-9201.
Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 7 p.m.
Virtual Meeting via ZOOM - https://sd43-bc-ca.zoom.us/j/63851222592
The annual budget will be presented to the Board of Education for approval. This final budget would incorporate changes requested by the Board.