SD43 Sustainability and Energy Management Newsletter
An initiative from SD43's Facilities Department - Energy Management and Sustainability
We are the District's Sustainability and Energy Management Team.
We work with BC Hydro, Clean BC, and Fortis BC in finding ways to make our schools run more efficiently to reduce our carbon footprint. New LED lights at your school? That was us. New efficient heating system? We were there too. Holiday Shut Down competitions, us too, and so much more.
This newsletter is designed to let everyone know about SD43 sustainability initiatives. All through the District, great things are going on to make our students, our community, and our world more sustainable. We want to know what you are doing and how you are doing it.
This month's edition features:
- Terry Fox Oval
- Outdoor Classrooms: Castle Park Elementary, Centennial Secondary, Gleneagle Secondary
- Outdoor Playgrounds: Meadowbrook and Roy Stibbs Elementary
- Replacement of old boilers to highly efficient boilers
- LED Lighting and Carpentry Upgrades
- Installation of Gas Absorption Heat Pump (GAHP) at Heritage Wood Secondary School
- installation of new EV chargers at Riverside Secondary
- Fall Gardens at various schools