December 16, 2020
Re: School Exposure Notification During Winter Break
Dear School Communities,
We thank you for your dedication to keeping schools a safe place. Over the last few months, schools have made significant efforts to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 by following health and safety plans, communicating with families, and meeting students’ educational needs. Fraser Health continues to work closely with school leadership and we know we are all in this together.
Fraser Health will continue to provide notification of school exposures over the winter break. This includes:
- Early Notification Letters will be distributed to schools.
- School exposures will be listed on the Fraser Health website.
- Self-Monitoring and Self-Isolation Letters will be distributed to schools based on the level of risk of the school exposure.
Since school exposures are a reflection of community transmission, we strongly encourage everyone to follow the current public health orders over the winter break. This includes:
- Not gathering with anyone outside of your immediate household.
- Only travelling for essential purposes.
- Wearing a mask in all indoor public settings.
Please continue to practice public health guidance such as hand hygiene, staying home when sick, keeping your distance from others, and cleaning and disinfecting regularly.
We encourage everyone to get tested early
if you develop any new symptoms of illness.
We wish everyone a safe, healthy and happy winter break.
Ariella Zbar MD, CCFP, MPH, MBA, FRCPC
Medical Health Officer, Fraser Health Authority