School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) welcomes students back to school on September 6. See the information, tips, and helpful links below to make your return to school as simple and smooth as possible.
- New to the district or have a child ready for kindergarten? Ensure they are registered by contacting your catchment area school directly. If you are not sure which your catchment area school is, use our School Locator tool.
- Start times and bell schedules vary for each individual school. Visit your school website for details or contact your school directly.
- Please read and complete the important forms that will be sent home with your child during the first week or two of school, and over the course of the year.
- Does your child have their school supplies? Visit your school website for details or contact your school directly for a current list as each grade may vary.
- Arrange transportation, designate a safe meeting spot, and practice the routine:
- If walking, ensure you know the route your child will take.
- If carpooling, introduce your child to all carpool drivers.
- If taking transit, determine times and bus stops.
- For safe driving and pedestrian tips, plus other Community Safety resources, see this website from the Coquitlam RCMP.
- For Back to School Safety Information and Tips from the Coquitlam RCMP, see this website.
- The BC Government has put together some back to school information here including some information on the new curriculum and grants that your child can apply for.
- Fraser Health offers practical information for parents on giving their kids the best start to their school year in their Your Healthy Back to School Guide.
- Attend school events. Check your school's website calendar regularly for important and interesting events to attend.
- For updates on school district wide or school-specific emergencies, power outages, inclement weather, or similar incidents, visit the SD43 homepage for the official source of updates.
- You can help reduce vandalism on school property by joining the Vandal Watch network of citizens. For more information, visit our School Vandal Watch page.
Overview | School Programs | School Registration | School Calendars | School Resources
International Education | Open Learning | Continuing Education | Emergency Information
News & Announcements | District Calendar | Publications | Budget