SD43 Sustainability and Energy Management Newsletter
An initiative from SD43's Facilities Department - Energy Management and Sustainability
We are the District's Sustainability and Energy Management Team.
We work with BC Hydro, Clean BC, and Fortis BC in finding ways to make our schools run more efficiently to reduce our carbon footprint. New LED lights at your school? That was us. New efficient heating system? We were there too. Holiday Shut Down competitions, us too, and so much more.
This newsletter is designed to let everyone know about SD43 sustainability initiatives. All through the District, great things are going on to make our students, our community, and our world more sustainable. We want to know what you are doing and how you are doing it.
This month's edition features:
- Congratulations to Grads 2023!
- Student Sustainability Council (SSC) Year-End Meeting- wishing graduating student Ethan from Riverside Secondary School all the best in his future and thanking him for all his contributions to SSC
- Summer Break Shutdown Campaign - unplug unused equipment
- Garden Clubs - 45 schools receiving plants from Urban Roots
- Dr. Charles Best - Force of Nature Environmental Club
- Reflection of the Past and Thoughts for Next Year
Read the Energy Wire Newsletter June 2023