The Reggio Program is a program of choice offered by School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) at the Kindergarten to Grade 5 level.
- The Reggio vision is of an 'education based on relationships'. Our educational philosophy focuses on the individual child in relationship with the family, other children, staff, the school environment and society. These relationships are interconnected and reciprocal.
- It is an approach to education that encourages children and their teachers to explore, question, discover and acquire skills of critical thinking and collaboration in beautiful, stimulating environments.
- Children express interests and ideas, research for further information, reflect on the experience and form conclusions. Through this process, children develop the confidence and independence with encouragement from parents, teachers and community me
Why Choose Reggio?
- Models personalized learning through emergent curriculum and responsive pedagogy.
- Supports student engagement and self-regulation.
- Involves parents and community as true partners in supportive learning.
- Honours all children by building on their gifts and strengths.
- Builds and supports collaborative practice between children, teachers and parents.
Which school offers the Reggio Influenced Program?
Application Process for Reggio Influenced Program
Catchment area children entering Kindergarten September 2021 should register during Kindergarten registration directly at the school, Wednesday, January 27 to Friday, February 5, 2021.
- Non-catchment area children entering Kindergarten should apply through the Programs of Choice online registration system on the main page of our website starting Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 9 a.m. to Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 4 p.m.
- All other non-catchment area students currently in Kindergarten to Grade 4 should contact the school and apply on the main page of our website during the Cross Catchment application process, Friday, February 5 at 9 a.m. to Wednesday, February 10, 2021 to 4 p.m.
To register for:
Reggio Influenced Program for September 2021