Dear SD43 families,
As the 2021-2022 school year draws to a close, I wish to express my appreciation to the families we serve in SD43. I am so thankful for the many contributions of parents/guardians and the support they have shown to our principals, vice principals, teachers, and support staff. I am so very proud of the many accomplishments and outstanding successes of our students during the past year.
June has been an exciting time for us all as pandemic restrictions have been mostly lifted and events such as leaving and commencement ceremonies have proceeded. Looking back over this year, we have had many things to celebrate including:
- A successful full-time in-person school opening in September.
- The Student Spaceflight Experiments Program that engaged students in creating microgravity experiments for the International Space Station.
- The passing of a balanced budget by the Board of Education despite increasing cost pressures and challenges.
- The completion (or near completion) of Capital projects during the 2021-2022 school year including:
- A 4-classroom addition at Panorama Heights Elementary School.
- The replacement École Irvine Elementary School, with move-in on June 24.
- The new Coast Salish Elementary School.
- The final stages of Centennial Secondary construction and the opening of the new turf field, in partnership with the City of Coquitlam.
- The Education Learning Centre, with move-in expected over the summer.
Our district is well known to be high-achieving, and this is reflected in our students and in our staff. I can assure you that we will continue to provide your children with a world class education to ensure that they become the confident, independent, and successful educated citizens of the world of the future.
Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2022! I look forward to welcoming our incoming Kindergarten and returning students and their families from a restful summer break on Tuesday, September 6th.
Best wishes for a happy and relaxing summer!