SD43 Sustainability and Energy Management Newsletter
An initiative from SD43's Facilities Department - Energy Management and Sustainability
We are the District's Sustainability and Energy Management Team.
We work with BC Hydro, Clean BC, and Fortis BC in finding ways to make our schools run more efficiently to reduce our carbon footprint. New LED lights at your school? That was us. New efficient heating system? We were there too. Holiday Shut Down competitions, us too, and so much more.
This newsletter is designed to let everyone know about SD43 sustainability initiatives. All through the District, great things are going on to make our students, our community, and our world more sustainable. We want to know what you are doing and how you are doing it.
This month's edition features:
- Winners of the Earth Day Eco-Week Challenge
- Urban Roots Plant Donation
- Dr. Charles Best "Trade Fair"
- Energy Champions presented by FortisBC and BC Lions
- New Tree at Gleneagle Secondary
- Fortis BC Energy Specialist Program Awarded to SD43 Energy Specialist, Ashish Dev
- A4LE BC Chapter Annual Grant
- Bike-to-School Week
Click on the image below to read the Energy Wire Newsletter May 2023.