The Women in Trades Training Program provides support to female students who are interested in pursuing a Career, Education or Training in Trades. School District 43 and the Career and Trades Programs is committed to providing equal access and opportunity for women and all other minority groups.
There are several programs and resources available for women interested in exploring or entering Trades. In partnership with the ITA, BC Center for Women in Trades, and local Post Secondary schools, we are able to provide female students with;
- Tuition free Trades Training Programs
- Financial support for equipment and other supplies
- Women only cohorts and training
- Mentorship Programs
- Employment access and retention
- Networking and job seeking opportunities
- Support for employers and contractors to create an inclusive and respectful workplace
It is our goal to support female students and remove any barriers that they may face when entering Trades. For more information and additional resources please visit the links provided.
For more information how to support Women in Trades please contact: