Motorcycle technicians work primarily on 2- and 3- wheeled motorcycles and other units such as motor scooters. They inspect, clean, test, assemble, diagnose, maintain and repair engines, transmissions, drive systems, steering assemblies, braking systems, chassis and suspension, electrical systems, vehicle management systems, fuel systems and exhaust systems. They may specialize in repairing, rebuilding, customizing or servicing these systems or assemblies.
Motorcycle technicians work with hand, power, pneumatic, measuring, diagnostic and testing tools, and shop equipment. Reference material, documentation, computers and software are also necessary tools in this trade. With additional training, motorcycle technicians can transfer their skills and knowledge to related units and equipment such as, but not limited to, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, watercraft and outdoor power equipment.
November 1 to Spring Break
- look over all the information below and in the right column - get a good understanding of the pre-reqs, expectations, time commitment, reading, math, training, etc
- no questions... go ahead and apply for the program!
- questions?... book an appointment with Benjamin King (district principal), to learn more
- use the: Booking App, or
- use the QR code in the right column
- student completes the fillable "SD43 Application" (top link in the right column) by typing in answers and getting necessary signatures
- submit to your counsellor at your high school
after Spring Break to late April
- Personal interview/conversation with Ben King at your school
- Ben King will:
- email students conditional acceptances into the program
- unsuccessful applicants will also are contacted
- enroll the student at the training site(s)
- ensure counselors adjust students' timetables to reflect course/credits
- Given the BCIT courses you'll be taking: Program courses, it is strongly recommended that students have:
- an Auto 11 course and/or
- a Metal/Welding course
- plan to complete Language Arts 12
- good literacy and numeracy skills
- excellent attendance + lates record while in high school