School District No 43, City of Coquitlam, City of Port Coquitlam and City of Port Moody are working together to support and recognize the graduates of 2021, who will be missing out on traditional ceremonies and events due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Show support for your local graduates in the following ways:
Photo Backdrops in City Parks
The Tri-Cities are inviting graduates to mark their special milestone by taking photos at one of several locations at local parks.
While all City parks and trails are available for graduates to take photos, Grad 2021 photo backdrops have been installed in the following locations for graduates and their families to mark this important milestone:
*Graduates are reminded to follow all public health orders while visiting our photo locations.
- Inspiration Garden - Butterfly Bench and the Green Wall, south end of Town Centre Park (3099 Guildford Way)
- Town Centre Park - the Chief of the Undersea World eco-sculpture (1299 Pinetree Way)
- Riley Park - the lookout at the north side of the park (1315 Riley St.)
- Centennial Rose Garden (640 Poirier St.)
- Mundy Park – at the pollinator garden near the playground (641 Hillcrest St.)
- Como Lake Park - south end of the lake at the base of the paved path (700 Gatensbury St.)
- Blakeburn Lagoons Park (2900-blk Elbow Pl.)
- Lions Park (2300 Lions Way)
- Castle Park (2252 Castle Cres.)
- Rocky Point Park (2800 Block Murray Street)
- Pioneer Memorial Park (275 Knowle Street) on June 1, 2021
Window SignsDownload and print the Grad 2021 sign to post in the window of your home or business to show community support for Coquitlam grads.
Cheer Our Grads on Social Media
Add a custom Grad 2021 frame on your Facebook profile image to show your support!
- Log into Facebook
- Go to your Facebook profile image
- Click on your profile image and select 'Update Profile Picture'
- Then select 'Add Frame'
- In the 'Choose a Frame' column, type "Coquitlam" into the search field and hit Enter
- Select either:
Proud of My Coquitlam Grad 2021
Proud of Our Coquitlam Grads 2021
Proud of Port Coquitlam Grads 2021
Port Moody 2021 Grad
7. Click 'Use as Profile'
City Hall lights up for grads
In honour of the graduating classes of the secondary schools in Port Coquitlam, the lights at City Hall will be school colours during grad week June 14-18, 2021.
In honour of the graduating classes of the two secondary schools in Port Moody, the dome lights of City Hall will be school colours during the week of each school's virtual commencement ceremony. For Heritage Woods Secondary School, the lights will be burgundy on June 14 and 16-20, 2021 and for Port Moody Secondary School, the lights will be blue on June 21-27, 2021.
For more information about plans specific to each city, visit your city website: