StrongStart Centres welcome families back starting Monday, October 26th. Please read below for information regarding our Safe Restart Plan.
Thank you all for your patience as we have been carefully planning a safe and healthy restart for our StrongStart programs. We are very excited to open our doors to families. While our centres will look different from the past, we continue to offer playful, child-centred experiences for families to enjoy.
Welcome back – we look forward to seeing you!
Due to COVID-19, please note the following changes to support a safe and healthy space:
Pre-registration is required for each session.
- Each session is open to a maximum of 4 families (1 adult and up to 3 children per family).
- Each family will be designated a playful area with designated materials. Families will remain in their playful area throughout the entire session.
- Each session will run for 75 minutes. *Note: Please check specific locations for new hours*
- Masks are mandatory for adults. *Note: Please bring your own as they won't be provided*
STRONGSTART PROGRAMS ARE OPERATING AT REDUCED HOURS
How to Register for New Families
If you are interested in joining StrongStart, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
To register, you will be required to email the following documents:
- A completed and signed StrongStart application form – download here
- A photocopied/scanned proof of your child's birthdate (as listed on the application form)
- A photocopied/scanned parent's proof of residency (as listed on the application form)
*If you have no access to the internet or printer, please email email@example.com or call 604-937-6381 for an alternative
How to Register for a SessionSign up will be open every Wednesday at 9:00am for the following week
While we get our online platform secured, families can register for a session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
and indicating the following information:
- Name and phone number of parent/caregiver attending
- Name and age of each child attending
- Location you would like to attend
- Date you are requesting
will be sent to confirm your space at the session requested.
Due to the reduced capacity and hours, families are welcome
to attend one session per week
- Centres will be organized into four playful areas.
- Each family will be designated a playful area with designated materials.
- Families will remain in their playful areas throughout the session.
Hygiene, Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Masks are mandatory for all adults in school buildings. Adults are required to bring their own.
- StrongStart teachers will wash their hands frequently.
- StrongStart teachers and participants will practice physical distancing whenever possible.
- No snacks provided. No food will be permitted in the program, except for water bottles.
- Families are encouraged to use the bathroom at home before arriving.
- Signs are posted to inform families of precautions. Please read these.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted for all high touch point areas and materials.
Entering and Exiting the StrongStart Centre
Meet outside at the predetermined location and time.
- StrongStart teachers will wait for all participants to arrive. There will be no late entries. Please arrive on time.
- If you are unable to attend, please contact email@example.com ASAP.
- All families will complete a daily health assessment and confirm attendance upon entering.
- Participants will sanitize their hands and adults will put on their masks before entering the classroom/building.
- Participants will exit the session while maintaining physical distancing.