The Purchasing Services Department, ensures that effective and cost-efficient purchasing policies and practices are established and implemented according to Board and Ministry policies;
Keeps abreast of developments in purchasing and technology and identifies new and innovative approaches that could be implemented in the school district;
- Assists and advises school principals, department heads, and district staff on all matters relating to Technology and Purchasing Services;
- Works closely with Facilities Services in the tendering and construction ofnew facilities as well as coordination and initial provisioning of newbuildings.
- Supervises purchasing activity for the district;
- Purchases supplies, equipment and services;
- Coordinates the purchase of equipment and supplies for new school construction;
Recommends equipment/supplies to be ordered;
- Liaises with schools and suppliers;
- Replaces stolen equipment;
- Monitors telephone systems and leased vehicles.