Featuring innovation in SD43 classrooms. This month's additions include:
- BYOT – the strategies, challenges and successes of running a Bring Your Own Technology classroom.
- Boat Designs – taking a class from foundational discussions and experiments about what floats to creating working designs that students can actually ride across a pool.
- Smart Fashion Merchandising – thinking about the repercussions of how and why clothes are made.
- Pay Rent on Your Desk – teaching economics using this intriguing simulation of an economic ecosystem.
- Liquid Networks – a unique format for collaboration, professional development, and deep learning conversations. The Liquid Network is a structure to support starting, protecting, and spreading innovation.
- Giving our youngest learners a Strong Start – a look at the comings and goings of the Strong Start centre at Nestor Elementary.
- Layers of Learning in the “Living Classroom” – taking something as basic as monitor jobs and turns them into meaningful, authentic learning by layering in rich complexity.
- Kway Arcade - students created an arcade out of cardboard to foster creativity and entrepreneurship.
- PWIM – using the Picture Word Induction Model (PWIM) to improve students’ literacy. The use of large photographs and engage students in inclusive literacy instruction.