- Elementary (Kindergarten - Grade 5)
- Middle (Grades 6 - 8)
- Secondary (Grades 9 - 12)
- For registration at any grade level you will need to contact your catchment school. To determine the school designated for your catchment area, please access our School Locator tool; simply type in your street name and follow the instructions. Registrations beyond September may result in your child not getting into their catchment school as classes may be full. Early registration is highly recommended.
- When registering your child you will need to bring proof of citizenship for parent and child (i.e. birth certificates, PR Cards, Passports) and proof of residency in B.C. (e.g.  rental contract or property purchase agreement; AND  tax notice, telephone bill, or utility bill, etc.). Parent(s) or legal guardian must live in the same permanent address as the student.
- Children who are five years old on or before December 31st may enter school in September of the year they turn five. Parents/guardians have the option to defer their child’s enrolment for one year.
- Kindergarten registrations for all programs within School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) will be held in February each year (dates to be determined in early January – contact your neighbourhood school or the school board office for these dates). Review the Kindergarten Registration information here.
- Registration forms for both English and French programs will be provided at all elementary schools. Information regarding parent meetings should be available at every school at the time of registration.
- In accordance with the School Act Section 82, Ministry of Education funding policy, and school district AP’s 300 and 302, a student is eligible for a provincially funded education if parent(s) or legal guardian*(s) meet residency requirements. Students who are ordinarily resident in BC and whose parent or legal guardian* is ordinarily resident in BC and who are enrolled in a program in School District No. 43 (Coquitlam) are eligible for Ministry funding.
Review the Funding Eligibility Checklist here.
- If a parent/guardian wishes their child to attend an out of catchment school, they will need to fill out a cross-catchment transfer form. These are available at the catchment area school. Review the Cross Catchment Process here.
- A non-catchment area child is of school age, resides in the school district, but is not resident in the school’s catchment area. A non-school district child is of school age, resides in British Columbia and is not resident in the school district. Parents/guardians of a non-catchment area child or non-school district child must make written application, by using a cross-catchment transfer form, to have their child attend a school out of catchment.
- Cross-catchment transfer forms will be available soon online. The application deadline (for all grades) for cross-catchment transfer requests will be determined in early January. If enrolment projections show that space is available, cross-catchment transfer applications will be accepted in accordance with the following priorities: (i) catchment area child; (ii) non-catchment area child; and (iii) non-school district child.
Early French Immersion
Early French Immersion programs are offered at Glen, Glenayre, Irvine, Kilmer, Mary Hill, Nestor, Panorama Heights, Porter Street, and Rochester Elementary Schools; Banting, Kwayhquitlum, Maillard, Maple Creek and Pitt River Middle Schools; and Dr. Charles Best and Riverside Secondary Schools. This program aims to make students functionally bilingual in French and English.
Late French Immersion
The Late French Immersion program is offered at Banting Middle, Moody Middle, and Pitt River Middle Schools and is open to any student in Grade 6 who is a resident of School District No. 43 (Coquitlam).
NOTE: French Immersion is an alternate program and is offered pending the availability of space. For more information contact: Ms. Sophie Bergeron at 604.937.6392 or visit our French Programs online.
Please contact the International Education Department at 604.936.5769 or visit at 1100 Winslow Avenue, Coquitlam. Bring along proof of citizenship for parent and student, proof of residency and proof of guardianship (if applicable).
Website: www.internationaled.com or email: email@example.com