The Ready, Set, Learn early learning initiative, which welcomes 3-5 year‐olds and their families to the school system, will continue to operate as a neighbourhood model this school year. To share the school district early learning opportunities for young children and their families, where appropriate the Ready, Set, Learn events will be held at StrongStart locations. We will be varying the times of the events to accommodate families schedules. We will continue to invite the Early Childhood community providers to participate in these events. New to the events this year will be the participation of the Tumblebus— the original gym on wheels! These events will be fully funded by the Learning Services Department.
For each Community of Schools the Early Learning Team will provide:
- A common event framework costing of: StrongStart activities (intellectual /physical (fine and gross motor)/artistic aesthetic development); LEAP BC activities , public librarian story time; a healthy snack; distribution of RSL materials to participating families
- All required materials, supplies and snacks
- Advertisement of events in local newspapers
- Print advertisement materials appropriate for use in school newsletters and on websites
Participating schools will:
- Advertise events through school‐based communication networks
- Coordinate 6‐8 volunteer students to set up, facilitate LEAP Activities, and clean up
- Set up tables to share school‐specific information; principals are to be present to answer parent questions regarding their schools
- School staff are invited to develop and offer learning activities for participants
- Complete the ministerial RSL survey electronically
No registration is required to attend events below. Simply drop in with your toddler ready to have fun!
Please note that the dates are subject to change.
Ready, Set, Learn 2018 Flyer