SD43 student athletes and teams have been busy this fall
practicing, competing in and winning District and Fraser Valley championships with many moving onto the BC
Provincial Champions looking for gold!
Port Moody Secondary won the mixed 200m freestyle relay
at the BC High School Swimming Provincials!
We are proud of all our student athletes working towards
and achieving their athletic goals. Here are some more highlights (check back for updates):
- Port Moody Secondary (Keita Bodrogi, Amy Feng, Eric Militaru and Momona Ishihara) won the mixed 200m freestyle relay
at the Provincials and the Fraser Valley Championships! At the Fraser Valley swim meet Keita Bodrogi also
won the 50m breaststroke and 100 IM and finished 2nd in the 50m fly.
- Riverside Secondary's girls (Ella , Emma , Ryann , Angelina) and boys (Angelo, Trey, Gavin , Cole) swimming relay teams both won the 200m medley relay at the District Championships. The girls also won 3rd at the Provincials.
- Terry Fox Secondary's girls swim relay team (Naiya, Kali, Emma, Sinead) won 1st at the Fraser Valleys in both the 200m free and 200 medley relays. At the BC High School Championships they won, bronze in the 200m Freestyle Relay. As well, Kali McCready won gold in 100m Freestyle and Naiya Hermosillo won silver in the 50m Freestyle.
- Gleneagle Secondary's boy's relay team won 3rd in the 4x100m free at the BC Championships.
Secondary's senior girls team finished third at the Fraser Valley
Cross Country Championships and their senior girls team won the grade
11 team trophy at the District Championships. At the BC’s the Senior
Girls team finished 6th overall in the Province with Olivia M. 56th, Shelby C.
60th, Maria K. 86th and Cassie R. 87th.
- Scott Creek Middle School are defending District Champions three years running with team gold and silver for their grade 8 girls.
- Congratulations to Brendan McLaughin from Heritage Woods Secondary for winning the Gail Sayers Award as the top senior male at the District Championships.
- Gleneagle Secondary's grade 12 boys cross-country team placed 1st at the District Championships.
- At the Provincial championships,
the Terry Fox Secondary’s Jr. Boys Cross country team finished 6th with Jacob W.
finishing 7th and Gabe L. finishing 22 out of 277 runners.
- After winning their 4th straight district championship as well as the Fraser Valley regional championships, the Riverside Secondary's grade 9 girls went on to win BC Championships. Their senior boys and girls were also district champions with the boys finishing 4th in the valley to qualify for the Provincials.
- Riverside Secondary's senior girls tier 2 volleyball team finished 4th in the Province. Teir 1 girls finished 7th.
- Terry Fox Secondary's junior girls and Centennial Secondary's junior boys volleyball teams are the 2018 district champions!
- Terry Fox Secondary's Junior Boys Soccer Team won the Fraser Valley Championships and finished 7th in the Provincials.
- Heritage Woods Secondary’s Senior
Boys Soccer Team finish 5th in the Fraser Valleys and is Provincials bound.
- Centennial Secondary's Junior Varsity football team are the Pacific Division Champions with a perfect league record: 5-0, earning a birth to the Provincial Championship playoffs.
- The Terry
Fox Ravens senior football team finished their regular season with five wins
and two losses, good for third place in the Eastern Conference and are currently headed to the BC semi-finals
after a big playoff win!