Many community individuals, groups and organizations approach schools to request permission to distribute information to employees, students and parents or visit schools to make presentations. The District feels that there should be control over the type and amount of literature distributed and presentations made to schools.
The Superintendent may allow the distribution of informational literature or a presentation to students under the following Administrative Procedures AP 151 and/or AP 221. Please review these APs and the information below prior to submitting your request.
- Requests to distribute informational literature or present at schools will be reviewed by the office of the Superintendent.
- Preference is given to free events and programs that reside in the communities in which we serve (Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra).
- Organizations that are approved must submit information for distribution as a PDF file or a website link.
- Approved information is posted on the internal and/or external information distribution webpages and communicated to schools.
- Presentations or the distribution of materials will be limited during "peak" times and may not displace District business. Therefore, some may not be permitted during busy periods, particularly during the last week of August and the first two weeks of September.
- The decision of whether or not to distribute information, or allow presentations, and which district distribution channels will be used, ultimately remains with the school administration.
- Approved requests shall not use student or school photos and/or artwork for promotions of an individual or organization.
NOTE: Information distribution is typically sent out every two to three weeks to schools. Therefore, we recommend submitting items no less than 30 days prior to your event/deadline date. Requests received during July/August for events that take place during those months will not be distributed as schools are not session. Requests received during July/August for events occurring after August may be approved based on our criteria but will not be distributed to schools until the end of August.
Click here to submit the required information if you feel your organization meets the criteria noted in the APs outlined. Please note that the preferred and easiest method for sharing information with students /parents is to provide a link to the information via a website.
By submitting this information you agree to the terms & conditions outlined above, in AP151 and/or AP 221, and other related SD43 Policies and Administrative Procedures.
Presentations or the distribution of information through the school district system does not imply endorsement on the part of the District.