A Welder is a person who has training in and is capable of welding ferrous and non-ferrous metals in all positions, on both plate and/or pipe, using various welding processes. Certified welders qualify for testing with CSA, Technical Safety BC and for ASME procedures in British Columbia.
- November 1 - (pre) Spring Break
- look over all the information below and in the right column - get a good
understanding of the pre-reqs, expectations, time commitment, reading, math, training, etc
- if you have no questions, please apply for the program(s)
- still have questions? book an appointment to talk to the district
coordinator, Doug MacLean, to learn more: Booking App
- student competes the SD43 application (top link in the right column)
- submits to your high school counselor (usually in gr 11 for the gr 12 school year)
- (post) Spring Break - late April
- personal interview/conversation with district coordinator
- mid-May into June
- students are conditionally accepted (or not) into programs (notified by email)
- applicable enrolment at the training site is made (by district coordinator)
- counselors will adjust timetables accordingly for following school year
Students: feel free to contact Doug via email (email@example.com) or text/call (604-341-8977) at anytime during the application process.