|Vancouver Island University|
October 5th 9:00 am - 1:00pm
Grade 11, 12's are invited to join us at VIU's Nanaimo campus for campus tours, program information, guest lectures and to learn about the services that support student success.
Feb. 27 9:30am - 2:00pm
Grade 10-12's are invited to VIU's Nanaimo campus for a fun-filled day of interactive activities in a university setting!
|9/27/2019 10:32 AM||2/27/2020|
|Justice Institute of BC Open House|
JIBC is a public post-secondary institution that offers innovative education and training in the fields of law enforcement, firefighting, paramedicine, corrections, emergency management, leadership, conflict resolution and other related disciplines.
Students will learn how JIBC programs can prepare them for a career in public safety.
Our programs are focused on applied learning and our expert faculty are active in their professional fields. We also provide a range of student support services that contribute to the success of our students.
- Visit the career fair in the gymnasium between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Speak with Program Advisors from various JIBC programs and learn what it takes to be competitive in these careers
- Networking with recruiters from various public safety fields to learn what it takes to be competitive in these careers
- Take a tour of the New Westminster campus
- Watch one of our presentations in the theatre to learn about the many JIBC programs available in law enforcement, paramedicine, emergency management, firefighting, conflict resolution, leadership and more
- Watch live demonstrations from program areas in law enforcement, paramedicine, firefighting and emergency management
Please RSVP by January 31, 2020 to: Jas Jagpal at email@example.com
715 McBride Boulevard, New Westminster, BC
March 4, 2020
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
|1/16/2020 8:52 AM||3/4/2020|
|Thinking About Law School?|
West Point Grey Academy invites you to meet leading you to meet leading UK Law Schools at a Law Evening.
March 4, 2020
Open to all lower mainland Grade 9-12 students interested in studying law with a focus on studying at UK Universities.
The evening features:
presentations, law debate case study and law school fair
4125 West 8th Avenue
Pre-register at www.tinyurl.com/yx38zn9g
|2/24/2020 2:37 PM||3/4/2020|
|LaSalle College Open House and Creative Workshops|
Saturday March 7
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
LaSalle College dedicated to unleashing your creativity and to showing you how to turn it into your way of life.
At our Open House you will have a chance to:
- See our school up close, including the tools and technologies our students use
- Experience what it is like to be a student at LaSalle College Vancouver
- Connect with like-minded people
- Learn about financial aid programs and payment options
- Get answers to your questions
If you're ready to make creativity your way of life, we can help you
prepare. Come find out how by attending our Open House and one of our
FREE hands-on creative workshops in the following programs:
* Animation, 3D Modeling & VFX
* Game Design & Programming at the #1 Game Design school in Canada 10 years in a row
* Digital Film, Photography, Professional Recording Arts
* Fashion Design/Marketing, Jewellery Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design
* Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry
For more information and to apply: https://www.lasallecollegevancouver.com/events/open-house-mar07-2020
|2/26/2020 10:35 AM||3/7/2020|
|UBC Engineering Events for Girls|
Engineering events for girls!
When it comes to career choices, girls might get left behind in the gender pay gap again. The 25 highest paying bachelor degrees by salary potential all involve math, physics, or engineering [source]. Work done by engineers can save more lives than individual doctors, through clean water, safer infrastructure, biomedical devices like pacemakers, and many other inventions and solutions. UBC Engineering is encouraging more girls to explore engineering as a career option and we hope you will help by sharing these exciting opportunities.
Engineering Explorations allows girls in Grades 8-12 to explore engineering as a career and participate in a full-day of hands-on engineering workshops. Find out more info and register here!
Oct 19, 2019: Grade 12 -Registration closing soon for this date!
Nov 30, 2019: Grade 9
Feb 1, 2020: Grade 11
Feb 22, 2020: Grade 10
Mar 14, 2020: Grade 8
The Women in Engineering Lunch, part of the UBC Engineering & Architecture Open House on November 2, invites girls in grade 10, 11 and 12 to hear from a panel of women about their student and professional experience in engineering. Girls will also be able to network with current UBC Engineering women students. A light lunch is provided.
|10/15/2019 10:05 AM||3/14/2020|