Hello Gleneagle Families,
Welcome back and welcome to all our new families! We are so happy to have you at Gleneagle for the 2021/2022 school year. Although we won’t be exactly back to pre-pandemic operations, we are definitely returning to some sense of normal.
The following COVID guidelines will be in effect for September (see email from yesterday for greater details):
- Masks must be worn indoors
- Check your health each day before school
- Wash hands and use sanitizer
- Follow arrows indicating flow of traffic through the hallways
- There will be limited capacity in some areas of the school (for example, cafeteria seating)
- Come to school just before classes begin and please depart shortly after classes are released (for contact tracing purposes)
- Lockers will be available on an ‘as needed’ basis and assigned at a later date
- Visitors and parents: please make appointments and sign in at office. A health check must be completed upon check in.
Here’s what FIRST DAY/FIRST WEEK will look like:
Tue Sep 7 Welcome back. Pick up schedules at entrance doors, then head to your block 1 class. Doors assigned by alpha (see below).
9:00-9:30 Grade 12
10:00-10:30 Grade 11
11:00-11:30 Grade 10
1:00-2:00 Grade 9*
A-F East doors; when facing the schools these are the doors on the far right
G-L Front doors
M-S West doors by kiosk; when facing the school these are the doors on the far left (closest to cafeteria)
T-Z Doors outside cafeteria (closest to field)
Wed Sep 8 WELCOME
Thu Sep 9 Regular classes
Fri Sep 10 Regular classes*
*Grade 9 students: Come and check in at the table outside the front of the school at 1pm. You will be guided to your Block 1 class by some of our leadership students. BRING YOUR LAPTOP. On Friday, there will be an in-class activity for you in Block 4.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you on Sep 7th!
Ms. Yu – Principal
Ms. Zimmer - Vice Principal A-Hoc
Mr. Smith – Vice Principal Hod-Paq
Ms. Dissegna – Vice Principal Par-Z