Application Deadline: March 15, 2013
Apply for EYA's "Community Hive" Beekeeping Program
The Environmental Youth Alliance is now recruiting for our 2013 “Community Hive” Program that provides intensive training and mentorship in hobby beekeeping for youth (ages 15-30) with instructors Brian Campbell and Alaina Thebault.
The curriculum includes: basic natural beekeeping, pest management, habitat creation, honeybee products, and honey extraction. Classes take place at the Strathcona Community Garden’s Eco Pavilion where participants will have access to two working honeybee colonies. As this is an intensive program, advanced reading and homework will be assigned between classes.
April 6, April 20, May 4, May 18, June 1, June 15, June 29
Sunday mornings 9:30am-12pm
July 21, Aug 4, Aug 18, Sept 1, Sept 15, Sept 29, Oct 13
Cost for the 4-month program is $40 and is due at your first class.
To apply, email a letter of intent to Alaina Thebault (email@example.com) stating:
1) Why you want to learn about bees,
2) Your past experience working with bees (if applicable),
3) What you want to learn from the program and how you will use your new skills,
4) Your program preference (Spring or Summer) and your ability to attend all program dates and complete homework/reading assignments.
5) Your age as of March 15, 2013.
Participants MUST be able to commit for the entire duration of the program. Deadline to apply is Mar 15th.
More info & application: http://eya.ca/urban-apiculture.html