The school district will be opening registration soon for summertime Grade 10-12 high school credit courses. The following two options will be provided as Distributed Learning through Coquitlam Open Learning:
Coquitlam Open Learning Gr 10-12:
- Grade 10-12 full credit courses
- Free to eligible school-aged BC Residents aged 13 to 19 years old.
available to students enrolled in SD43 schools only, starting this
Friday May 8, 2020. Students are not eligible for courses they are
currently taking in their current schools, (they can take those starting
in July, including Fast Track)
- Online courses with flexible
start dates which should be completed within 10 months of registration.
Students will participate in various online activities which may include
Moodle online lessons, online discussions, and e-mail interactions with
the teacher. Students can begin these courses within a few days after
- Registration information: www.ce43.com
- Course information, https://tinyurl.com/SD43COL
Fast Track Gr 10-12: Complete a full credit course from July 2 to August 3:
Fast Track courses follow a blended learning model:
weekly synchronous class sessions (Tues/Thurs or Wed/Fri, mornings or
afternoons (see specific courses for scheduling). These class sessions
will most likely be conducted online.
- three days of online work. Teachers will be available these days for online tutorial support.
Note: This program is best suited for students wishing to complete the selected course within a 6-week timeline.
- Program Dates: July 2 - August 7 (Note: there will be no tutorials July 27 and Aug. 3)
- Program Times: Tues/Thurs or Wed/Fri, mornings or afternoons
- Registration information: www.summerlearningcoquitlam.ca
- Course information, https://tinyurl.com/SD43FastTrack
- Registration begins at 6:00 AM on Tuesday May 19, 2020.
- Registration is closed to International Students (who can register for high school credit courses at http://www.internationaled.com/
in May available to students enrolled in SD43 schools only. Non-SD43
students may register on or after June 1. For registration and course
information visit www.summerlearningcoquitlam.ca
Summer Learning Statement: COVID-19
this time registration for our summer learning programs (Elementary
Skill Building, Middle Skill Building, Secondary Skill Building and
Secondary Remedial) has been postponed until further notice. We continue
to plan for summer learning under the direction of the ministries of
Health and Education and will provide an update on our website as soon
as more information becomes available. At this time we are unable to
confirm that this years summer learning program will run and should we
be able to move ahead with summer learning the program likely be
significantly smaller in scope and the delivery format will likely be
Check our website for information and updates: www.summerlearningcoquitlam.ca
Coquitlam Continuing Education
380 Montgomery Street Coquitlam BC V3K 5G2