CURRENT GRADUATION PROGRAM
In order to meet graduation requirements and be awarded a British Columbia Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood) students must earn a minimum of 80 credits to graduate. The Graduation Program link below provides a brief overview of the requirements for graduation.
What is After Grad?
This is an alcohol and drug free event at Terry Fox Secondary School which follows the grads formal Dinner/Dance June 6th, 2020. It provides our students with a safe environment to continue their celebrations between midnight and 5:00am.
This event provides graduating students with food, music, entertainment and gifts. It culminates with a hypnotist show and the presentation of prizes at the end of the evening. To win prizes, students must remain in attendance until the end of the event. Students are encouraged to stay throughout the event and are not permitted to come and go at will.
To stage this memorable evening, the Parents After Grad Committee must raise approximately $35,000 through fundraisers such as Craft Fair, Cash Raffle, donating bottles/cans to Biggar Bottle Depot throughout the school year, Pub Night, Bottle Drive and Community Donations. For all these fundraisers to be a success, parent and student volunteers are necessary.
The Parent After Grad Committee meets throughout the school year, once per month for about an hour to plan this huge event.
We are calling out to all Grade 12 Parents to help with various jobs and tasks for the After Grad Event. Decorating plans start February, 2020 and help the day before the event to transform the school is needed. Various Parent help is needed at the After Grad for security, manning each activity, drawing and handing out prizes, helping with the food table at the event and a cleanup crew for the end of the night. We ask that Grade 12 Parents please email the one of the CoChairs below with their email so we may contact you with upcoming events and a callout for help when needed.
Please watch the e-news and Terry Fox App to keep up to date on what is happening! Your support is important to the success of the event and is very much appreciated!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Chair: Ms. Stacey Parman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Grad Dates for Grads of 2020
- Grad Cap/Gown Payment & Sizes Due online - March 13th
- Grad Assembly – April 9th, Flex, Theatre
- Grad Girls' Night – April 16th, 6:30-9:30pm
- Guest Approval Forms Due – April 25th, 3:00pm to your Vice Principal
- Commencement Messages Due – May 1st by 3:00pm Online
- Valedictorian Nomination Forms Due May 1st by 3:00pm to Mr. Starr
- Ticket Sales for Grad Dinner/Dance & After Grad – May 6th to 9th, Lunch, Conference Room
- Dinner/Dance Table Reservations – May 13th to 17th, Lunch, Conference Room
- Valedictorian Speeches – May 22nd, Flex, Theatre
- Commencement Rehearsal – June 3rd, Block E, Terry Fox Gym
- Cap & Gown Pick-Up – June 3rd, After the rehearsal, Small Gym
- Grad Dinner/Dance – June 6th, 6:00pm-Midnight, Vancouver Convention Centre (East)
- After Grad – June 6th, After Dinner/Dance Midnight-5:00am, Terry Fox Secondary
- Grad Brunch & Pickup of Commencement Tickets – June 10th, Flex, Commons Area
- Extra Commencement Tickets on Sale – June 15th, All Day at Front Office
- Grad Commencement Ceremonies – June 22nd, 7:00pm(be there by 6:00pm), Orpheum Theatre