CURRENT GRADUATION PROGRAM
In order to meet graduation requirements and be awarded a British Columbia Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood) students must earn a minimum of 80 credits to graduate. The Graduation Program link below provides a brief overview of the requirements for graduation.
To our Grads and families:
news! We now have the opportunity for Grads to walk across a stage
with their Grad Folders, just as all Grads typically do.
we can’t replace the traditional celebrations, we are doing our very
best within the guidelines received to provide you with as close an
experience as we can, along with a virtual element you can enjoy now and
in the future.
The General Plan: (physical distancing and sanitizing will be ensured at all stations)
JUNE 11th: Cap & Gown Pick-up (details to follow)
JUNE 17th: Crossing the Stage at Terry Fox
- Grads come to school in small groups in 30-minute time frames (times will be assigned and will not be alphabetical)
into the parking lot will be controlled . One car per graduating
family, no cars without graduates, no cars with more than one grad
unless they live in the same household. No grads without caps and gowns.
- Cars will line up then on at a time, drive towards the platform and pull up to a designated spot
will leave the car, follow the red carpet to the stage set up by the
Terry Fox statue. They will then cross the stage and have their photo
taken by a professional photographer. Parents will have opportunity to
watch and take photos from their car
- After the picture has
been taken, students and family will leave school to take further
photos, or celebrate as a family. Then the next grad will take their
- If your family does not have a car and you want to participate, please contact Mr. Starr directly and we will make an accommodation
**Please plan to attend!
We will be sending out a survey link to confirm attendance and assign times. Students must sign up to participate.
Some other important information to know:
- The School will be refunding the $55 grad fee and will be providing students with a complementary gown, V stole, cap and tassel
- The After Grad committee is working on their plan to honour grads. Details TBD
- We are working on a virtual plan to celebrate our award winners, though no awards ceremony will occur this year
- Grad council is working on a photo presentation. Grads will receive a link on their CLC 12 Microsoft Teams page.
- A grad program will be produced and distributed to students like it would in a regular year
- The school is working on a video to supplement this commencement experience. Release dates will be announced in June
you very much for your understanding and support as we do our very best
to provide our students the best experience we can.