Please read this important email:
Dear parents and guardians,
We have come to the end of our second week of cancellation of in class instruction and our move to remote learning in the district. I truly hope that everyone's families and friends are keeping safe and managing at this very challenging time. As this new method of education is unfolding, I would like to make note of a few things.
- Hopefully you have been in contact by telephone or email with one of our Suwa'lkh staff members. Our teachers and support workers have been busy trying to connect with you and your child . Please call the school if this has not happened 604 523 6011 or email email@example.com
- Office 365 – one of the best ways for students to continue their studies and to connect with staff is through Office 365. Students can access their student account through a web browser using their school ID and password. Please contact the school or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having difficulty or need the password
- All students NEED to check their school email as teachers will be trying to connect with students through this channel. Also Private Caller ID could be a staff member trying to connect with your child. Please accept these calls under the circumstances.
- For those without access to technology or poor internet we will be doing our best to provide work packages that can be picked up or dropped off.
- The ministry of education has stated that students are expected to continue their learning for each course they are enrolled in and to complete assignments set out by their teachers to finish their courses. Teachers will work with students to set reasonable expectations given the current circumstances. Please note that our focus will be on the core courses required for graduation.
- We recognize that some families are being more impacted at this time. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist.
Wishing you all the best for the long weekend.
Vice Principal, Suwa'lkh