There are many leadership opportunities for students at Glen Elementary. We are looking for responsibile grade 4 and 5 students to help with the following positions:
1. Lunch Monitoring- there was a training session for all students who have applied to be lunch monitors in June during school time. Additional training will be given in Septembe. The application form has been posted below and applications are still being accepted by our Vice Principal. Applications and training are on-going see Mr. Bird if you would like to be a lunch monitor. Students monitor two to three lunch hours each week for at least 3 months.
2. Office Monitoring- a group of students received training for this role in early July. If there are more applications than spaces available classroom teachers will assist with selecting students. Successful applicants must be able to speak clearly and confidently and take a written message. A second language is an asset.
3. Leadership Committee- One student has been selected from every grade 3, 4 and 5 class to work with Mrs. Husband to improve safety as well as lunch and recess activities on the playground. The commitee will also talk and plan for other school improvments.
4. Chalk Committee- a group of 6 grade 5 students who organize the distribution of bags of chalk to one or two classes on every dry lunch hour. Every division will get a chance to use the chalk. A new group of 6 students will be needed. Interested students can leave Mrs. Husband a note at the office explaining why they are interested in this committee.
5. Piano Players- Talented grade 5 students who are able to play very well can speak to Mrs. Husband about the possibility of playing Oh Canada at a school assembly. An audition with Mrs. Franz is required.
6. Lunch Buddies Caring and patient grade 5 students who are interested and able to support one student who needs extra support at lunch. Lunch buddies need to be available one or more lunch hourr per week can complete the application below and return it to Ms. Spencer or Mrs. Husband
7. Gym squad. Ten strong hard working grade 4 and 5 students are needed to help with the set and clean up of the gym for school events and assemblies.
8. School Spirit Committee- This committee is under the leadership of one classroom teacher. This group creates and advertises special school events to build school spirit.
More and more opportunities will come available throughout the year.... stay tuned.