Thank you to the Glen Parent Community for your amazing work! This page is a bulletin board of volunteer opportunities and resources that we are requesting for the school. If you are able to help in any small way please contact either Mrs. Husband Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Appel at email@example.com
We are seeking help with the following;
1. Hot lunch days- The Parent Advisory Council organizes several hot lunches for students each year. We need parents to help count money, organize the orders and organize the food for delivery to classes on hot lunch day. email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Popcorn Days- The PAC also organizes popcorn days to fundraise for the grade 5 year end events. Parents are needed to pop popcorn the day before popcorn day and to help with the bagging of the popcorn. email Glen@sd43.bc.ca
3. Library- parents are needed once weekly or more often if available, any amount of time is helpful. Many parents are needed. Please contact our teacher librarian.
4. Welcoming new families: We need parents who have immigrated to Canada who are able to speak English well to help support families who are new to Canada. This includes meeting the familiy at Glen school once for registration and orientation to the school.
5. Scholastic Book Fair- Parents are needed each September to assist with the Scholastic Book Fair. Parents are needed for as little as one hour or more if you are able.
6. Terry Fox Fundraising- The Parent Advisory Council is sponsoring the Terry Fox Run at Glen. Parents are needed to help with the counting of donations most mornings between October 14 and October 20th (about one hour).
Below are three of the documents that you need to be a volunteer driver. The process is much easier than it looks, please take the time so we can have our kids participate in games and field trips.
RCMP (3000 Guilford Way, Coquitlam) – is no cost to the applicant if the reason for the Criminal Record check is to volunteer and is with a letter from the school. The form will be completed as the applicant waits unless there are any concerns that require further attention.
Port Moody Police (3051 St Johns St, Port Moody) –The applicant must fill out the form at the time of the request and the CRC will be ready for pick up within 2-3 business days. The request must be include a letter from the school where the applicant wishes to volunteer. The Port Moody Police do no charge for residents of Port Moody if volunteering in Port Moody.
Both require the following identification:
-1 piece of government issued ID showing address (Driver’s License / BC ID card)
-1 piece of ID with name (CareCard, Passport etc.)
Click here for a link to ICBC for the driver's abstract.