STRONGSTART BC: SD43 COQUITLAM
SAFE RESTART PLAN
BC SD43 Website
you all for your patience as we have been carefully planning a safe and healthy
restart for our StrongStart programs. We are very excited to open our doors to
families. While our centres will look different from the past, we continue to
offer playful, child-centred experiences for families to enjoy.
Welcome back – we look forward to seeing you!
HOURS OF OPERATION***
|Days and Hours of Operation|
Classroom Session Monday/Tuesday Thursday/Friday
9:15am – 10:45am
Doors will open at 9:15- NO latecomers will be accepted
Registration for sessions is required. Sign up will be open every Wednesday at 9:00am for the following week. An email will be sent to confirm your space at the session requested.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-937-6381 **See requirements below
Online Zoom Circles- Wednesdays 10:30- 11:00
Please email Ms Mireya at email@example.com if you are interested in getting a Zoom link
|Entering and Exiting the StrongStart Centre||Families are encouraged to practice physical distancing when on school grounds|
Meet outside at the predetermined location and time.
Line up on marked spots outside Strong Start Room by Courtyard
- StrongStart teacher will wait for all participants to arrive. There will be no late entries. Please arrive on time.
- If you are unable to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- All families will complete a daily health assessment and confirm attendance upon entering.
- Participants will sanitize/wash their hands and adults will put on their masks before entering the classroom/building.
- Participants will exit the session while maintaining physical distancing.
If you are interested in joining StrongStart, please email email@example.com to register. To register, you will be required to email the following documents:
*If you have no access to the internet or printer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-937-6381 for an alternative
- Centres will be organized into four playful areas.
- Each session is open to a maximum of 4 families (1 adult and up to 3 children per family)
- Each family will be designated a playful area with designated materials.
- Families will remain in their playful areas throughout the session.
- Each session will run for 90 minutes
|Hygiene, Cleaning, and Disinfecting|
Masks are mandatory for all adults in school buildings. Adults are required to bring their own.
- StrongStart teachers will wash their hands frequently.
- StrongStart teachers and participants will practice physical distancing whenever possible.
- No snacks provided. No food will be permitted in the program, except for water bottles.
- Families are encouraged to use the bathroom at home before arriving.
- Signs are posted to inform families of precautions. Please read these.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted for all high touch point areas and materials.
is a free, early learning program for children aged 0-5 accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
At our StrongStart Centre, a School District qualified early childhood educator facilitates family literacy activities in a play-based learning environment. Our StrongStart facilitator leads learning activities to support each child’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual development. Learning activities including stories, music, dramatic play, construction, and art help children get ready for success in kindergarten.
Parents and caregivers attending StrongStart BC centres can expect to participate in organized sessions such as: play activities, serving a healthy snack, circle time, and gross motor physical experiences.
Parents and caregivers are likely to discover new ways to support their children’s learning at home, and may make valuable connections with others attending the centre.
For more information about the StrongStart program, please visit StrongStart Coquitlam.