Search our collection. -->
- Look up a book or a favourite author.
- Search the virtual library
- curated collections
LOGIN to the catalogue for greater access!
- Place holds
- Create a collection
- See what you have checked out
Click here to access our Library Internal Site (log in required).
Follow us on Twitter! @PMSSLibrary
- The library operates on an open flexible schedule.
- Students are welcome to come into the library to browse through our collections, work quietly on their homework, use the Internet for school-related assignments, and/or read materials during the posted times.
- Teachers who have booked a section of the library for whole classroom research have priority over student drop-ins.
Through its collection, programs and facilities, Port Moody Secondary School Library has the dual goal:
- to promote and support literacy and the love of reading.
- to promote and support the teaching of information literacy whereby students develop skills and attitudes necessary to access, evaluate and utilize information effectively and ethically in order to become independent lifelong learners.
Mr.Birch - Teacher-Librarian
Mr. Birch is new to the PMSS Library Learning Commons teaching staff but not to PMSS. He first joined the staff in 2005 teaching Social Studies and English. He moved to Moody Middle teaching Humanities for 9 years. He rejoined the staff in 2014 to teach English and Theory of Knowledge. Mr. Birch has a Bachelor of Arts in History from S.FU., a Bachelor of Education (Secondary Social Studies) from U.B.C., and a Master of Arts in Liberal Studies from S.F.U. Mr. Birch also holds the University of Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English Language to Adults. Mr. Birch has taught in overseas in Korea as well as in the Surrey and Delta school districts. Mr. Birch has a passion for languge, collects typewriters, and drives a groovy old VW camper van in the summer.
Ms. Swistak - Teacher-Librarian
Ms. Swistak is a member of the library teaching staff as well as a member of the Social Studies Department. She has a Bachelor of Arts in History from U.B.C., a Bachelor of Education (Secondary Social Studies) from U.B.C., and a Master of Science in Educational Leadership from the University of Oregon. Ms. Swistak has taught in the Coquitlam School District for over 25 years, and previously taught in the Burnaby and Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows school districts. She has taught students from kindergarten age to adult learners. Prior to becoming a teacher, Ms. Swistak was a radio reporter and on-air broadcaster.
Mrs. Huculak - Library Assistant
Mrs. Huculak is a new addition to the PMSS Library Learning Commons team. She spent last school year as an on-call library technician throughout the district and has worked at the majority of the high schools. She holds a Library Technician Diploma from MacEwan University in Alberta. Prior to joining the school system she worked in a private sector library. She ejoys good books, music (choir and learning violin), crafts and volunteering in her community.