Where we went next... Our Learning Beliefs
- Learning occurs when there is an emotional connection or relevance.
- Learning requires continuous and effective feedback that allows students to reflect, refine, and reapply new knowledge.
- Learning is both an individual and group process.
- Learners are diverse in their learning styles, backgrounds, and abilities, and these differences should be reflected in the strategies and opportunities for learning in the classroom.
- Learning requires the connection of new knowledge and skills to past knowledge and skills.
- Learners require motivation, which may be fulfilled through choice in learning, encouragement, inspiration, appropriate challenge, and a learning environment that is safe and supportive of risk taking.
- Learning occurs at different rates.