Parent Ed. Community Change Session: – We invite you to attend an evening panel presentation from our alumni students who have volunteered to share their time with you to discuss their insights on high school transitions. Many parents call us throughout the year to discuss their concerns about whose class their child is placed into and about what teachers are the best in preparing their child for the rigors of high school along with the discussion about what secondary school is the best fit for their child. All worthy questions and inquiries; moreover, who best to share some responses to these, but students who have just recently experienced the transition event over the past few months and years. This is your chance as a parent to come and ask direct questions about the following types of information:
1. How did the middle years prepare your for the transition to high school?
2. What were the biggest challenges in the transition to high school in your first few months/ year?
3. What type of impact did having multi-grade experiences in middle have on your transition to high school – positive and negative?
4. What do they like best about their current high school placement and why?
5. How could the middle school experiences better prepare students for the transition to high school?
We will have a panel of students presenting from all academic backgrounds and representing a wide variety of secondary schools in our district. The key questions are; will we have a group of parents who want to get direct information, who want to hear the successes and the challenges of transition and will we have parents who will vote with their feet and attend to try to discover the best fit for high school for their child. If you want to be a part of this process we ask that you show up at 7:00 on Monday Nov. 23rd – NEXT MONDAY NIGHT to meet our array of fine Gr. 9/10 students who want to tell you about their experiences in transitioning to high school. This is why we call this PARENT EDUCATION and how our students our CHANGING OUR COMMUNITY. Are you ready to learn and be part of the change?