Terry Fox Library Mission Statement:
The Terry Fox Secondary School Library has the goals of:
- Promoting and supporting literacy, numeracy, and the love of reading.
- Promoting and supporting the teaching of information literacy whereby student develop skills and attitudes necessary to access, evaluate, and utilize information effectively and ethically in order to become independent lifelong learners.
- The Library is open 7:30 am until 3:25 pm.
- Grade 11/12 Study Hall
- Access to a teacher for assistance in a variety of subjects
- Workshops (Research, Media, Tech, etc.)
- Co-Teach, Co-Plan, Co-Mark
- Can work in the classroom or Learning Commons spaces
- Students are welcome to come into the Library to browse through our collection of books, work quietly on their homework, use the internet for school-related assignments, and/or read materials.
- Need a break? Come to the Library and colour one of our many colouring books or play one of our many board/trivia games!
- Teachers have the opportunity to utilize a variety of Library space and/or technologies that are available, which include:
- Library space – Book half or the whole learning space for class or school activities in a mobile environment
- Academic Resource Center (ARC) Room 101 - Flexible classroom space
- Green Room - Microphones, stands, lighting, TV, greenscreen, editing programs
- Large mobile whiteboards, supplies, and projector/TV upon request
- Mobile Laptop Cart #1 – access to 30 laptops
- Mobile Laptop Cart #2 – access to 30 laptops