Parent Advisory Council
You probably have lots of questions about the school, curriculum, teachers, principals, programs…and so much more. A great way to get answers to all these questions is to get involved with our PAC!
PAC meetings are held one evening per month and all parents are welcome to attend. Many different topics are discussed at these meetings including, but not limited to, fundraising events/programs, financial information regarding the funds raised/spent, important information from the district is shared, and we even get a report on what is happening at the school from the Principal. These PAC meetings are an excellent way to keep informed about what is going on at the school.
Our Porter PAC Mission Statement:
École Porter Street Elementary School PAC mission is to advocate for excellence in education, the safety and well-being of our students, and for the effective and meaningful involvement of parents as partners.
The Objectives of the Porter PAC are:
- To support, encourage, and improve the quality of education and the well-being of students at École Porter Street Elementary School
- To provide a forum and the opportunity for the membership to openly review and discuss any matter related to the school (e.g. programs, policies, plans and activities) as found in the School Act and to share with the Principal, staff, or other associated organizations of any recommendations
- To promote effective communication and cooperation between the home and school in providing for the education of children
- To provide parents with information on how to effectively communicate within the education system and to advocate on behalf of their children at both the School and District levels
- To initiate fundraising activities when there is a need to provide funds for children to receive an enhanced quality of education in a safe, healthy environment and to generate funds to cover all PAC expenses
- To affiliate with the District 43 Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) and the British Columbia Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils (BCCPAC)
- To organize PAC activities and events
2019-2020 Porter PAC Executive
|DPAC Co-Representative ||Joanne Elsdonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|DPAC Co-Representative ||Danielle Ukalovic ||email@example.com|
Please check out our website at www.pspac.com - in this site, Porter Elementary School is not responsible for the data collected or activities provided through this PAC sponsored link."