STRONGSTART IS LOCATED IN ROOM 102
PLEASE ENTER BY THE MAIN KINDERGARTEN DOOR JUST ACROSS FROM THE STAFF PARKING.
Please email Ms. Jo at email@example.com for any questions regarding our StrongStart program here at Central. For other inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 937 6381.
CHANGES TO SD43 STRONGSTART CENTRES PROGRAMMING
Please read below for information
It has been wonderful welcoming families back to StrongStart this Fall. While the centres have looked different from the past, we have been striving to continue to offer playful, child-centred experiences for families to enjoy in a safe way. Thank you for understanding our new policies in order to keep everyone safe and healthy.
We look forward to seeing you!
Due to COVID-19, please note the following changes to support safe and healthy spaces
- Each session is open to a maximum of 40 people starting May 24th during in-person visits.
- Strict physical distancing is no longer required. However, centres will be utilizing available space to spread people out where possible.
- All families will complete a daily health assessment and confirm attendance upon entering.
- Please refer to the SD43 StrongStart Website for updated Healthy and Safety protocols (indoor and outdoor)
Central StrongStart New Hours of Operation
8:45 am – 11:45 am (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday).
Classroom Session. Outdoor/Indoor Play
8:45 am - 10:10 am arrival / free play, exploration
10:10 am - 10:35 am clean up/snack time
10:40 am - 11:00 am gym time
11:00 am - 11:15 am story time
11:20 am - 11:45 am clean up / outdoor play
|Thursday Connecting to Kindergarten 9:05 am - 11:05 am.|
This event is for students who are registered for kindergarten this September.
If you are interested in joining StrongStart, please email email@example.com to register. To register, you will be required to email the following documents:
• A completed and signed StrongStart application form – http://www.sd43.bc.ca/Programs/StrongStart/Documents/StrongStart%20Registration%20Form.pdf
• A photocopied/scanned proof of your child's birthdate (as listed on the application form)
• A photocopied/scanned parent's proof of residency (as listed on the application form)
*If you have no access to the internet or printer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-937-6381 for an alternative.
HYGIENE, CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
- StrongStart teachers will wash their hands frequently.
- StrongStart teachers and participants will practice physical distancing whenever possible.
- Signs are posted to inform families of precautions. Please read these.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted.
ENTERING AND EXITING THE STRONGSTART CENTRE
Meet at the predetermined location and time.
- StrongStart teachers will wait for all participants to arrive.
- All families will complete a daily health assessment and confirm attendance upon greeting.
- Participants will sanitize or wash their hands.
StrongStart Closed days – 2022Wednesday May 4, 11, 18. May 20th (Pro-D), May 23rd (Victoria Day),
Thursdays June 2, 9, 16, 23 (Thursday StrongStart Connecting to Kindergarten)
Registration for a session is no longer required.
Thursday June 23rd, 2022 StrongStart Thursday Connecting to Kindergarten at Lions Park from 9:00 am - 11:00 am.
Friday June 24th, 2022 StrongStart last day at Lions Park from 9:00 am - 11:00 am.
Storytime with Ms. Jo
'The friendly Pirate Captain aka Ms. Jo' written by Jovita Rose and illustrated by Jackson Kleim (9 years old). I wrote this story while looking at a group picture of our Central StrongStart family last Halloween 2019. Hopefully, when you listen and read this story you remember the fun we had during our Halloween party 2019.
Read by Ms. Jo https://video.link/w/0S8pb
Virtual Copy to read out loud to your child https://video.link/w/YV8pb
'See you later Alligator' written by Jovita Rose. I wrote this story and made this video for our Central Elementary StrongStart families last June. Each of these beautiful animals represents the children in our StrongStart families. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed remembering and writing about your wonderful children.
Read by Ms. Jo https://video.link/w/cxgjb
Virtual Copy to read out loud to your child https://video.link/w/vC9jb