STRONGSTART IS NOW LOCATED IN ROOM 102
PLEASE ENTER BY THE MAIN KINDERGARTEN DOOR JUST ACROSS FROM THE STAFF PARKING.
Please email Ms. Jo at email@example.com for any questions regarding our StrongStart program here at Central. For other inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 937 6381.
CHANGES TO SD43 STRONGSTART CENTRES PROGRAMMING
Please read below for information
It has been wonderful welcoming families back to StrongStart this Fall. While the centres have looked different from the past, we have been striving to continue to offer playful, child-centred experiences for families to enjoy in a safe way. Thank you for understanding our new policies in order to keep everyone safe and healthy. Starting January 2021, we are making some changes to our programming.
We look forward to seeing you!
Due to COVID-19, please note the following changes to support safe and healthy spaces:
- Pre-registration is required for each session.
- Each session is open to a maximum of 6 families (1 adult and up to 3 children per family), up to maximum of 15 people during in-person visits.
- Strict physical distancing is no longer required. However, centres will be utilizing available space to spread people out where possible.
- All families will compete a daily health assessment and confirm attendance upon entering.
- A small individually packaged snack will be provided during each session. If you have dietary needs, please be prepared to provide your own snack.
- Masks are mandatory for adults. *Note: Please bring your own as they won't be provided*
- Please refer to the SD43 StrongStart Website for updated Healthy and Safety protocols (indoor and outdoor)
Central StrongStart New Hours of Operation
9:05 am – 11:05 am (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday).
Classroom Session. Outdoor/Indoor Play
Registration is required please email email@example.com or call 604-937-6381
9:05 am - 9:25 am Outdoor/Indoor time
9:25 am - 10:20 am free play, exploration
10:25 am - 10:40 am gym time
10:40 am - 10:50 am snack time
10:50 am - 11:05 am story time
|Wednesday Virtual Circle Time, Virtual Teatime |
Online Circle Times* Invitation required, please email Ms. Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
How to Register for a Session
Sign up will be open every Wednesday at 9:00am for the following week. Families can register for a session by emailing email@example.com and indicating the following information:
1. Name and phone number of parent/caregiver attending
2. Name and age of each child attending
3. Location you would like to attend
4. Date you are requesting
An email will be sent to confirm your space at the session requested. Due to the reduced capacity and hours, families are welcome to attend one session per week.
If you are interested in joining StrongStart, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. To register, you will be required to email the following documents:
• A completed and signed StrongStart application form – http://www.sd43.bc.ca/Programs/StrongStart/Documents/StrongStart%20Registration%20Form.pdf
• A photocopied/scanned proof of your child's birthdate (as listed on the application form)
• A photocopied/scanned parent's proof of residency (as listed on the application form)
*If you have no access to the internet or printer, please email email@example.com or call 604-937-6381 for an alternative.
HYGIENE, CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
- Masks are mandatory for all adults. Adults are required to bring their own.
- StrongStart teachers will wash their hands frequently.
- StrongStart teachers and participants will practice physical distancing whenever possible.
- Families are encouraged to use the bathroom at home before arriving.
- Signs are posted to inform families of precautions. Please read these.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted.
ENTERING AND EXITING THE STRONGSTART CENTRE
Meet at the predetermined location and time.
- StrongStart teachers will wait for all participants to arrive. There will be no late entries. Please arrive on time.
- If you are unable to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- All families will complete a daily health assessment and confirm attendance upon greeting.
- Participants will sanitize their hands and adults will wear masks for the duration of all StrongStart sessions.
- Participants will enter and exit all indoor sessions while maintaining physical distancing.
StrongStart Calendar – 2021/2022
|Tuesday, September 7th||First Day of School|
|Thursday, September 9th||Connecting to Kindergarten Kick-off PD (1-3pm)|
|Monday, September 20th||Centres Closed: Staff Meeting (8:30-12pm)|
|Friday, September 24th||Centres Closed: PD Day|
|Thursday, September 30th ||Centres Closed: National Day for Truth and Reconciliation|
|Monday, October 4th||First Day of StrongStart|
|Wednesday, October 6th||Centres Closed|
|Monday, October 11th||Centres Closed: Thanksgiving Day|
|Friday, October 22nd||Centres Closed: Provincial PD Day|
|Thursday, November 4th||Centres Closed|
|Wednesday, November 11th||Centres Closed: Remembrance Day|
|Thursday, December 9th ||Centres Closed|
|Thursday, December 16th||Last Day of StrongStart before Christmas Break|
|Friday, December 17th – Tuesday, January 4th ||StrongStart Closed: Winter Break|
Registration for classes in the new year will open up on Tuesday, Jan 4th for the first week, and then Wednesday, Jan 5th from the week of the 10th
Storytime with Ms. Jo
'The friendly Pirate Captain aka Ms. Jo' written by Jovita Rose and illustrated by Jackson Kleim (9 years old). I wrote this story while looking at a group picture of our Central StrongStart family last Halloween 2019. Hopefully, when you listen and read this story you remember the fun we had during our Halloween party 2019.
Read by Ms. Jo https://video.link/w/0S8pb
Virtual Copy to read out loud to your child https://video.link/w/YV8pb
'See you later Alligator' written by Jovita Rose. I wrote this story and made this video for our Central Elementary StrongStart families last June. Each of these beautiful animals represents the children in our StrongStart families. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed remembering and writing about your wonderful children.
Read by Ms. Jo https://video.link/w/cxgjb
Virtual Copy to read out loud to your child https://video.link/w/vC9jb