A Conference for Parents Who Care About Education
The BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils is holding its Fall Conference November 12-14, 2010 at the Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre in Burnaby, BC. This is a great opportunity for all parents.
Parents as Partners: A Community of Leaders and Learners is the theme of the conference which will have a wide variety of workshops and sessions for everyone. The Friday keynote is Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond, the BC Representative for Children and Youth. Saturday morning’s keynote is the Honourable George Abbott, Minister of Education, and Sunday morning’s keynote is Her Honour Gwendolyn Point.
Other speakers include: Mike Winsemann from BCCAT; John Noonan, Parliamentarian; Bernadette Woit; as well as representatives from the Ministry of Education speaking on Personalized Learning and the Parent’s Role.
· School Emergency Preparedness – is your school prepared? Make sure your parents know what they need to do
· Supporting Literacy Learning in Families – an engaging and interactive workshop on extending literacy
· Internet Awareness for Parents – what every parent should know about today’s online experience
· Education Planner BCCAT – come and learn what happens after high school and this great post secondary planning resource
· Anxiety in Children – support your child in managing his/her experiences with anxiety
· Working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Families – appreciate diversity and create a welcoming community
· Navigating Girl World: Effective Strategies for Parenting Girls – a must attend workshop for all parents of young girls
Please forward the attached conference program to any parent in your school who may be interested in participating.
For more information and to register click http://www.bccpac.bc.ca/index/event_calendar/2010Fall/Fallconf2010.aspx