A few info items as we begin our last week:
- Christmas Concert:
o Thurs. Dec. 19th
§ 1:30 Matinee: Doors open at 12:45. Green tickets only
§ 6:30 Evening: Doors open at 6:05. The line-up will begin at the outside doors by the Kindergarten playground. Red tickets only.
o Parking will be available on our gravel field, accessed via the north parking lot. Volunteer parking attendants will be on hand to direct you.
o Remember that each person (adult or non-CRE children) must present a ticket at the door (seating is limited due to seating capacity).
o We are gratefully accepting at the door nonperishable food donations and cash donations (to offset costs).
o Please contact your child’s teacher if you are unsure what your child should be wearing for the concert.
o Take a moment to peruse our Lost & Found table by the gym, we’d like to get clothing items back to their rightful owners
- An overwhelming number of food and gift items were donated for our Spirit of Giving Hampers this year. What a generous parent community you are, thanks so much!
- An exciting new project in our community, My Neighbourhood, My Future,has arrived. Please see the info below and attached to see how you can have input and get involved.
- A reminder to check our school web calendar for upcoming events and important dates.
- All Grade 4 & 5 student monitors and inCREdibles leadership students are invited to a free pizza lunch this Wednesday at 12 noon.
- Grade 5 Parents: A notice about the Late French Immersion Program (Grade 6) is attached.
· There is still space available in our two new after school Beyond the Bell programs: register at https://www.experienceit.ca/InternetRegistration/Activities/ActivitiesAdvSearch.asp under “Children’s Programs”
Have a wonderful week and a restful and safe holiday.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Principal, Coquitlam River Elementary School
WE WANT YOU…
TO JOIN US!
Your neighbourhood is 1 of 2 pilot sites in the Lower Mainland of BC to receive a My Neighbourhood My Future project funded by the United Way of the Lower Mainland. The project is guided by a stewardship committee consisting of the Human Early Learning Partnership (HELP) at UBC, the Social Planning and Research Planning Council of BC (SPARC) and the United Way of the Lower Mainland (UWLM).
My Neighbourhood My Future – Tri-Cities is a community engagement process, driven by residents’ needs with the objective of enhancing the lived experiences of families with young children (0 to 6). The initiative’s ultimate goal is to have a positive impact on the health and well being of the neighbourhood’s young children, their families and the community itself.
We are seeking neighbourhood | community champions to help us engage others in conversations, through distribution of materials, and for surveys. Community champions will receive an honorarium for their support and have the opportunity to participate in community engagement and development training. If you are interested please contact Lucie Honey-Ray at 604.944.2500 ext. 320 or by email at email@example.com
We believe that when we work together with local champions, we can give children their best start in life.