Hi CRE Parents/Guardians,
I hope each of you and your family have had a wonderful summer. It’s hard to believe that summer is winding down so quickly and we’ll be back to school next week!
Please make note of the following info items:
· All new and returning CRE students and their families are invited to our annual Popsicles with the Principal this Wed. August 28, 1:30-2:30 pm at the main playground. This is a fun opportunity for the children to see friends and “break the ice” in terms of returning to school. There is construction happening this week in the north drive-through so no parking will be available there. Please park in the large staff lot or on the street.
· If shopping for school supplies please see the attached supply list.
· First day of school is Tues. Sept. 3rd, 8:50-9:30 am. Students are to report to their “last year’s: teachers. Please watch for signs posted around the school to direct your child to the correct room. All new Kindergarten students are to be taken to the appropriate room as per the signs posted around the school.
· Wednesday Sept. 4th, Thursday, September 5th, Friday September 6th
· Students attend full days, with first bell at 8:50 and dismissal at 2:49. Lunchtime is 12:00-12:40.
· The School Bus will begin its normal operation on Wed. Sept. 4th
o Students need to bring:
• Pencil box (“Toolkit”) containing pencils, pens, etc
• A duo-tang in which they will put handouts
• Other items if directed by teacher
• Recess Snack and Lunch
At 8:50 each morning all Grade 1 to 5 students report to the same classroom as on Tuesday.
On Wednesday morning all new students report to office where they will be taken to their classroom for the week.
New Kindergarten students do not attend classes on Wed., Thurs, and Fri. due to the “welcoming visits” they and their parents will have with their teacher.
· CRE’s Opening Week involves students with their last year’s teacher participating in engaging activities in which they get back into the flow of school life and get their new year off to a great start. Wednesday and Thursday afternoons involve larger grade-wide groupings and the opportunity to work with all teachers in the school on community building activities. I anticipate that sometime late Friday morning students will be moved into their year’s classroom with their new teacher, however this may be postponed until Mon. Sept. 9th depending on enrolment changes and possible reorganization of classes. Watch for email updates.
· And finally, I want you to be aware that this fall our school will be offering two after school programs in conjunction with PoCo’s “Beyond the Bell” programs. I have attached info and encourage you to register soon if interested… space is limited.
We will be sending home further notices and information throughout the first week of school to ensure a smooth start-up for your child. Please remember to check our school website for full information and do not hesitate to call the school office with any questions you have.
Principal, Coquitlam River Elementary School