Skip to main content
3538 Sheffield Avenue, Coquitlam, BC, V3E 0M4| Phone: 604-937-8137 | Contact Us
Coast Salish Elementary
School District No. 43 (Coquitlam)
Field Trips

We are happy to be able to take our children out on field trips again! Often, we will ask for volunteers for the trips. Below are a few things that you need to know about volunteering.

1.       All volunteer forms must be filled out on School Cash Online. If you need information on how to set up an account, please email the office –


2.       Criminal Record Checks are required if you are looking after any children other than your own. You can obtain a Criminal Record Check from the following police departments:


  • RCMP (3000 Guilford Way, Coquitlam) – have updated their form and it is available for pick up at their main office on Guildford Way.  The RCMP allow for the form to be taken away and returned once completed.  There is no cost to the applicant if the reason for the Criminal Record check is to volunteer and is accompanied by a letter from the school.  The form will be completed as the applicant waits unless there are any anomalies that require further attention. 

  • Port Moody Police (3051 St Johns St, Port Moody) – do not allow for their forms to leave their office.  The applicant must fill out the form at the time of the request and the CRC will be ready for pick up within 2-3 business days.  The request must be accompanied by a letter from the school where the applicant wishes to volunteer.  The Port Moody Police do not charge residents of Port Moody for a copy of this document if they are volunteering within the municipality of Port Moody.  If however, the applicant is volunteering at a school outside of Port Moody then there will be a $10.00 charge payable at the time of submitting the application.

  • Both the RCMP and the Port Moody Police require the following identification in order to process these requests:
    • 1 piece of government issued ID showing address (Driver's License / BC ID card)
    • 1 piece of ID with name (CareCard, Passport, credit card, etc.)


3.       Drivers are sometimes needed for field trips. If you are driving children other than your own, you will need to obtain an ICBC Driver's abstract. This can be obtained quickly by going to this link:


Any other questions, please email the office –


Coast Salish Elementary

3538 Sheffield Avenue, Coquitlam BC
V3E 0M4