Dear Baker Drive Community,
We are expecting further snow accumulation in our area overnight and tomorrow morning. Please review the “inclement weather” information below. The school district will make a decision regarding a snow closure by 6:30am tomorrow. Should schools be open tomorrow please remember that conditions could still make it difficult for some to get to school but that the families need to make a decision on the safety based on their streets and how far they have to travel.
If our school is closed tomorrow (Wednesday, December 19th), then our two Christmas Concerts will also be cancelled. We will then re-schedule one concert on Thursday, December 20th at 1:15 in our gym (doors open at 1:00pm). Tickets will not be required. Unfortunately, we will not be able to re-schedule an evening performance.
As noted below, please check the media and school district website for school closure information. The school phone may not be answered in the morning.
In the event of heavy snow, ice or extreme temperatures, a decision on school closures will take place as soon as possible after 6:00 a.m. that day.
· Check the district website at www.sd43.bc.ca beginning shortly after 6:00 a.m.
· Be sure to hit Refresh when checking back
· The district website posting is official – there is no need to call the school or the Board office after viewing
· tune in to CKWX 1130 AM, CKNW 980 AM or CBC 690 AM for updates