This event is for ALL parents of District 43 students no matter what the age of your children. If you have students in grades 10/11/12 you are welcome to bring them along as well (just make sure you must register them as well).
Event flyer is attached that contains all the information.
EVENT: The Exploitation of Our Youth: Online & Offline (free information session)
DATE: Thursday, March 8/18
TIME: 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm (doors open at 6:00pm – session to start at 6:30pm)
LOCATION: Terry Fox Secondary Theatre (1260 Riverwood Gate, Port Coquitlam)
GUEST SPEAKERS: Children of The Street: Tiana Jacquet (Program Director) / Hayden Averill (Workshop Facilitator) / Anisha Phillips (Workshop Facilitator)
DETAILS: Topics Covered:
· How social media apps facilitate sexual exploitation & sextortion
· How exploiters are grooming our children & youth online, & ways to keep safe
· Image sharing & sexting; an issue in every school
· Recent trends in peer to peer exploitation
· TCO will be presenting pieces from their grade 4-12 workshops
ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIRED (for everyone attending): http://dpac43childrenofthestreet2018.eventbrite.ca