COMMITMENT TO LEARNING / DECLARATION
- A positive learning environment requires that students possess the following skills: self-motivation, independence, computer literacy (for online courses), time management, and written communication.
- I verify all the information in my account as correct.
- I acknowledge that I am NOT taking this course at the same time with another school.
- I commit to attending all classes associated with the summer course for which I have registered. I acknowledge that daily attendance is essential to success in this course, and that administration may contact me about withdrawing if attendance is a concern. (See details re "My child's attendance")
- I will notify Coquitlam Continuing Education or Coquitlam Open Learning of any future changes to my personal information.
- I agree to communicate with my teacher(s) regularly and complete all course work in a timely manner.
- I acknowledge that all the assignments I submit will be my own original work. I understand that if I do not comply with school district policies and procedures, my course(s) may be deactivated or I may be withdrawn from the program. I understand that there will be no voluntary withdrawals from credit courses and that in cases of non-completion a final mark of F will be assigned.
- All students in Advanced Credit and Online Fast Track who complete 65% of the course will receive a final grade in their course ... A, B, C+, C, C- or F. The 65% point is July 26. Last day to withdraw from credit courses with no mark is July 25. Students who attend July 26 or thereafter will receive a final course mark.
Skill Building courses are not full credit courses; they do not address the entire curriculum in a specific subject/grade level. Students in Skill Building courses will receive a teacher comment and Work Habit mark of G, S or N.