CRE Swim-a-thon Fundraiser - Grade 4&5 Students.(for Heart & Stroke Foundation): On the morning of Friday Feb. 14th, Valentine's Day, our Grade 4 and 5 students are going to do what's good for the heart! Divisions 1, 2 & 3 will be heading over to Hyde Creek for about an hour's fun in the pool. Admission is a $2 (or more) donation to Heart & Stroke. A few details, all of which will go home in a notice soon:
- Students will be riding a school bus to and from the pool
- This is a morning activity. Exact times will be given in the permission notice to go home soon.
- Parent volunteers are not needed as pool staff and volunteers will provide all required supervision in the pool. Parents who wish to attend may do so, by admission.
- In addition to using the leisure pool and water slide we will ask interested students to volunteer to swim a length in the lap pool. The goal is to keep Hyde Creek's "Swim-a-Thon" going by having continuous lap swimming.
- All students will be at the school that afternoon for classroom Valentine's activities
CRE has a proud tradition of supporting the Heart & Stroke Foundation and we are excited to participate in this fundraiser!
Sexual Health Education ("Body Science"): the CRE PAC is once again sponsoring talks by Dr. Brandy Wiebe (associate of Saleema Noon) for all students at CRE. A permission notice with complete information went home on Thurs. Jan. 30th, all students must return the permission slip to indicate whether they will or will not be attending.
Congratulations to our STARS Award Recipients for December and January:
Div 1: Farhan, Akisha, Ellie, Kelsea, Brandon, Danielle, Vaya
Div. 2: Eugene, Aidan B, Annalid, Aiden V., Cole, Kylar
Div. 3: Jonathan, Ellie, Ty, Jasmun, Dalton
Div. 4: Matteo, Emma, Cole, Sabrina, Justin
Div. 5: Sophie, Nick, Jenna, Trey, Megan, Rebecca
Div. 6: Jax, Drew, Ian, Dylan, Madison
Div. 7: Kayden, Luca, Jolie, Kale, Alexis, Anthony
Div. 8: Dane, Garrett, Rory, Alexis, Nyara
Div. 9: Sophia, Manbir, Hunter, Stefano, Kyle, Hayley
Lunar New Year: Thank you to Mrs. Coral Chen and her team of parent volunteers for leading all classes in making Lunar New Year decorations. The beautiful red "window flowers" will line the hallways for the first two weeks of February!