Transition to Secondary - 2021/2022
Transition to Secondary 2021-2022.pptx
December Newsletter & Parent Portal Information
Apex - December Newsletter.pdf
Encompass-Apex SD43 Getting Started with Parent Portal.pdf
Please also see the attached letter from School District 43 RE: local international travel advisories.
Superintendent Letter re Local International Travel Advisories.pdf
October Newsletter - Apex
Apex October Newsletter 2021.pdf
Important Information & Forms for September 2021
Apex (formerly Encompass K-9) is an online learning K-Grade 9 program that provides home learning support. Registration for the program is ongoing. If you are interested in exploring more about Apex, please contact the office at 604-945-7311.
APEX Welcome Back Letter to Families September 2021.pdf
Principal Message for Apex Parents Covid Health and Safety Information.pdf
Apex September 2 2021 Newsletter as of June 15.pdf
Letter to Parents - BCs Vaccination Status Reporting Regulation Sept 3 2021 .pdf
Photo Day - September 22, 2021
Covid-19 Photo Day Info Sheet.pdf
School Photos Entrance Map.pdf
Fraser Health Dental Program Screening for Students
Fraser Health Dental Program Screening for Students.pdf
What type of student is most successful in Apex?
- Successful students are eager to learn, can work independently and have a strong relationship with the parent that will be supporting their learning.
How often do teachers meet with students and for how long each time?
- Teachers generally meet with students one-on-one for 1 hour every two weeks. Dependent on Health Officer recommendations, weekly classes for all students will be offered beginning in October 2021.
How is Apex different from traditional home-schooling?
- The program is delivered September to June.
- Each student's program is presented in a Student Learning Plan tailored to the needs of the student and the provincial curriculum requirements and it is under the supervision of a certified teacher.
- Program planning is done by the Apex certified teacher in consultation with the parents and student.
- On a regular basis, our certified teachers lead instruction, assess student learning, evaluate and provide feedback on student learning.
- The students enjoy joining with other students in K-9 at the weekly, on-site offerings and occasional field trips.
Do we have to be living in Coquitlam to register for Apex?
- Students from outside of the Coquitlam catchment are welcome but priority is given to students living in the Tri-cities.
Do we have to be living in Canada to register for Apex?
- Families who maintain residency in British Columbia and are out of the country for less than 2 years are welcome to register.
Do you provide opportunities for my child to meet other students in Apex?
- Weekly classes which focus on Physical Health, Social-Emotional Health and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) are planned for 2021-22.
- Students are put in age groupings for these classes.
Which curriculum does Apex use? Can I use my own curriculum and be registered in Apex?
- Apex is a fully funded public school which uses the British Columbia mandated curriculum. Curriculum can be adapted to suit the needs of your child but the prescribed learning outcomes from the province must be met.
Are there any costs associated with Apex?
- Just like any school, there can be small fees for things like field trips, but there are no tuition costs for the program.
Do I need to stay home?
- The most successful students in this program are those who have a strong relationship with the parent supporting their learning. This usually means that the parent is able to stay home with the student to provide accountability to complete all assignments to the best of their ability.
Can my child move back into a regular "bricks and mortar" school at some point in the future?
- Apex is a fully funded public school with fully certified public school teachers, which uses the British Columbia mandated curriculum. This means that students are able to move easily back into a regular school at any point during the program. A space in your catchment school is not guaranteed when leaving Apex.
Are there any reimbursement funds available for my child and how can I access it?
- Reimbursement guidelines are available at the school and funds are made available for students depending on when they register during the school year.
- All use of reimbursement funds for extra-curricular activities must be approved by the Apex teacher.