SD43’s 2017 Summer Learning program had another very successful year. Enrolment peaked with over 6300 registrations in Grade 1 through 12 courses hosted at thirteen school locations throughout the Tri-Cities, with outstanding completion rates for students. Summer Learning also engaged with the community to raise $3300 for BC Wildfire Relief, 2000+ food items for the SHARE Food Bank, and used sporting good donations to Kidsport.
Planning is already under way for Summer 2018, please check back here starting in January 2018 for registration and programming dates
A little bit about Summer Learning in SD43:
Why take Summer Learning courses?
- "Wanted a positive educational activity for my child"
- "To maintain my son's skills during the long summer months "
more opportunities for my child to improve social skills"
a challenge for my child"
Students (Gr 9-12) say:
- "Wanted to lighten up course load in the fall"
- "To get ahead/learn and also work with my course planning choices"
- "Wanted to better my grade for college"
- "Wanted to get an additional elective in the second year of high school"
92% of parents surveyed after Summer 2017 were Satisfied to Extremely Satisfied with their child's program.
Parents and students commented on their experience with Summer Learning:
- "An excellent opportunity to gain additional credits"
- "Overall, the setup, teacher, class content, and experience was excellent"
- "Keep up the good work! I am very grateful to be able to access these programs"
- "We have thoroughly enjoyed the summer school programs that our offered and it was nice to see some on the south side of PoCo"
- "We love the summer learning programs, the teachers are amazing, putting together a great course every year in which our kids rave about"
- "I have only positive things to say regarding my son's summer school experience. He really enjoyed each and every day! Mr. _______________ was a great inspiration"